The movie, Hacksaw Ridge, was a show of the many facts I have been learning, so many facts that we can use to hack through life to become great and achieve excellence. I would love to share them with you.
Believe in something and be willing to stake your life for it in front or behind anybody and anywhere (you’ll end up getting admiration and respect if you stick to the end).
- Great and excellent (not good or nice) men and women are a combination of strong will and humility (affirmed in the book, From Good to Great by Jim Collins). They are slow and soft-spoken yet unwavering.
- Never enter into a fight with a determined and strong-willed man (very few have this and don’t cross their path)
- When you truly hold on to your beliefs, ethos and values, you’ll start getting challenges that would want you to back down. Know that such pain is temporary but the moment you give up and give in, the pain will last forever (no matter what excuse you dare use to comfort yourself).
- No dream is too big; no dreamer is too small. Thus, when you come across a determined man with set goals, support and encourage than dissuade, no matter how crazy the dream sounds (unless it is a negative one). You have all it takes to create and achieve even dreams that seem impossible!
- No matter how hard it is (just like Private Doss’ “one more”) take one more step, the one more, then one more, you’ll see yourself inching closer, through the pains, to your goals, your destination!
- It’s not over until it is… until you win!
What do you think? Do you have any to add to the list?
Do so by making a comment below.
You can take a look at this article in ither to effectively define your personal boundary: https://www.shimonkepha.com/?p=230
Here is the link to the movie’s official website: http://www.hacksawridge.movie/